Roaring 2020 Prom

External Visitors / Guests

The safety of the children and workforce at Ranken Jordan is our number one priority. To protect our patients and staff from the spread of infection including the COVID-19 coronavirus, we are no longer allowing any external visitors / guests at this time. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Friday, April 17th, 2020

5:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Registration has been closed. Please note that we are no longer allowing any external visitors / guests at this time.

Ranken Jordan Pediatric Bridge Hospital
11365 Dorsett Road
Maryland Heights, MO 63043

Schedule of Events

5:00 PM
Catered Dinner

6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Dancing, games & socializing

Donations

Donations will help the Pediatric Health-Related Services department to support the children through play, art, cooking, community integration, and special events.

If you would like to donate please contact us at (314) 872-6544.

FAQs

What is the Ranken Jordan Prom?

This is our first prom where we are inviting our current patients and former patients to celebrate prom with us. As you know, we practice Care Beyond the Bedside. We know that play is an important part of the healing process. An important part of that is allowing children the opportunity to do things kids outside of the hospital would do, such as going to a school dance, like prom! So, all of our current and former inpatients and outpatients between ages 11-19 years of age are invited to celebrate the Roaring 2020 Ranken Jordan Prom on Friday, April 17.

Is this event free? How is it funded?

This event is free for all guests! This event is possible through a grant from the Margaret and Richard Riney family.

Can I bring a date/friend?

Yes, you may bring a friend as long as they are between 11-19 years in age. We will need their contact information at time of registration.

What if I need a personal care aid? Does that count as my guest?

In addition to your friend, you may also bring a personal care aid (PCA). Your PCA will be required to stay with the child if the child requires any assistance with personal care including respiratory, toileting, feeding, medication, etc.

Are parents/caregivers invited? Does that count as my guest?

Parents and caregivers are invited, in addition to your guest. Parents and caregivers will have the option to attend a separate gathering at Ranken Jordan so their child can enjoy the prom with their friend. Please provide caregiver/parent contact information in your RSVP.

Will there be food?

Yes! Food and drink will be provided for the prom attendees and will be served between 5-6 p.m. Please indicate if you will be eating the meal and if you have any food allergies. Parents and caregivers also will have food and drink available at their separate gathering.

What time is prom?

Prom begins immediately after the meal at 6 p.m. and ends promptly at 8 pm. We ask parents/caregivers to be on time when picking up their child.

What if I don’t like to dance?

No problem! Other activities will be offered such as games, crafts, and socialization.

Am I allowed to take pictures of my child at the event?

There will be designated areas where picture taking is allowed; pictures may only be taken of your child and their guests, not other attendees.

Will be there be chaperones?

Yes! Employees and volunteers of Ranken Jordan will be present to ensure everyone’s safety.

Will transportation be provided if needed?

Transportation is not provided, so please make arrangements prior to the event so you do not miss out on the prom.

What else should I know?

As usual, please follow our wellness policy. Any visitors who have experienced any of the following symptoms in the 24-hours prior to the prom will be asked not to attend.

Additional Questions?

If you have additional questions please contact us at (314)872-6452.