Healing through Support
Ranken Jordan cares for the patient and their entire family, and our support groups allow families, patients, and caregivers to heal throughout their journey. Our support groups are open to the general public, including current and previous patients and all community members.
Our support groups offer a small, safe, and confidential way for you to address any issues you may be facing. Each session is open for any discussion and story sharing. We also will offer specific topics to help you, including:
- Supporting your children’s mental health
- Coping with your own trauma
- Navigating the community and resources including school and work,
- Imagining a new future
- Being a caregiver
Benefits of groups include developing a support network, putting problems into perspective, discovering new coping strategies, promoting resiliency, finding your voice, making rewarding social connections, and helping to support each other.
We offer five specific support groups, and they are hosted each quarter online and in-person.
“Some of the most comforting words in the universe are ‘me too.’ That moment when you find out that your struggle is also someone else’s struggle, that you’re not alone, and that others have been down the same road.” – Anonymous
Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group (third Tuesday on select months)
- Tuesday, January 25th from 6-7:30pm
- Tuesday, April 19th from 6-7:30pm
- Tuesday, July 19th from 6-7:30pm
- Tuesday, October 18th from 6-7:30pm
Spinal Cord Injury Support Group (first Tuesday on select months)
- Tuesday, February 8th from 6-7:30pm
- Tuesday, May 3rd from 6-7:30pm
- Tuesday, August 2nd from 6-7:30pm
- Tuesday, November 1st from 6-7:30pm
Cerebral Palsy Support Group (third Tuesday on select months)
- Tuesday, February 15th from 6-7:30pm
- Tuesday, May 17th from 6-7:30pm
- Tuesday, August 16th from 6-7:30pm
- Tuesday, November 15th from 6-7:30pm
Caregivers of Children Ages 5 and Under
- Saturday, March 5th from 9-10:30am
- Tuesday, June 14th from 6-7:30pm
- Saturday, September 10th from 9-10:30am
- Tuesday, December 6th from 6-7:30pm
Teen Spinal Cord Injury Group
- Tuesday, February 1st from 6-7:30pm
For everyone’s protection, we ask all group members follow these guidelines.
- Participants who would like to participate in-person will need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and show proof of vaccination
- Wear a mask properly covering their nose and mouth during the duration of the group
- Undergo a wellness screening upon arrival
We’re here to help. Give us a call at
(314)872-6400 or click on the button below
to email us.