All The Care You Need Under One Roof
Children in the community and former patients are welcome to access outpatient services at Ranken Jordan. Ranken Jordan’s outpatient therapy team provides the latest therapy and rehabilitation techniques and equipment in a cheerful, safe, friendly environment for children and young adults up to age 21.
Ranken Jordan’s outpatient program is the most comprehensive in the St. Louis region and is the only setting for outpatients that can match our world-class pediatric bridge hospital inpatient care. We work with children with a wide variety of medical and developmental needs.
Our team uses a combination of well-established and innovative treatment techniques, along with state-of-the-art therapeutic and adaptive equipment delivered in unique treatment environments. The therapy teams are passionate about what they do and are always driven to do more to help children better recover.
Therapy Through Play
Recently expanded, Ranken Jordan features the only warm water pediatric therapy pool in the region. Surrounded by indoor and outdoor playgrounds and a 1,500-gallon fish tank, children are welcomed into an environment where therapy is driven by play.
The physical therapy program helps children achieve maximum independence through exercise, neurodevelopment and sensory integration, positioning, alignment, and environmental adaptations.
Physical therapists assess and treat children with physical impairments, function limitations and developmental delays.
Our physical therapy program includes:
- Facilitation of gross motor skills
- Endurance training
- Weight management
- Tone management
- Range of motion exercises
- Gait training (ambulation)
- Musculoskeletal examinations
- Balance training
- Pain management
- Burn management
- Infant massage
- Functional electrical stimulation (E-Stim)
- Adaptive equipment
- Home accessibility assessments
- Lower extremity splinting
- Aquatic therapy
Occupational therapy treats children with physical and cognitive impairments, functional limitations and developmental delays. The program helps children live more independently with their illness, injury or disability through play, self-care, work and leisure activities.
Our occupational therapy program includes:
- Developmental motor intervention
- Sensory integration
- Cognitive retraining
- Oral/motor feeding
- Visual perception retraining
- Fabrication of splints
- Environmental adaptations
- Home accessibility evaluations
- Aquatic therapy
Speech-language pathology evaluates and enhances the child’s communication, developmental and feeding skills.
Treatment involves therapeutic use of work, play and activities to address:
- Speech, articulation and phonology
- Receptive and expressive language
- Communication and voice disorders
- Augmentative and alternate communication (AAC)
- Language-based reading difficulties
- Stuttering (dysfluency)
- Oral-motor dysfunction
- Swallowing (dysphagia) and feeding disorders; VitalStim therapy
- Therapeutic listening
- Central auditory processing disorders
- Standardized developmental testing
To learn more about outpatient therapy, please call 314-872-6476. We see patients up to age 21 and accept most insurance plans.
Make An Appointment
If you would like to make an outpatient therapy appointment please click the button below