The safety of the children and workforce at Ranken Jordan is our number one priority. To protect our patients and staff from the spread of infection including the COVID-19 coronavirus, we restricted the number of visitors/guests inside our building until further notice.
Visiting hours are daily, 8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. We encourage you to invite your friends and family to visit often. Any children under the age of 16 must be supervised by a parent or adult caregiver at all times. For the safety and security of all Ranken Jordan patients, please follow all visitor policy rules listed below.
Parents, guardians and caregivers may visit at any time but after hour visits should be limited to one family member (18 yrs. old or over and with an I.D.), and discussed ahead of time with your child’s nurse, and preferably prior to 11pm. For after hours visits, you must provide Ranken Jordan staff with the quarterly password. To get the password please see your social worker.
Guest Identification & Badges
All guests must sign in and out at the front desk with a picture ID. Every guest is required to wear a badge, which is available at Reception.
- Guests under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Siblings or other children must be supervised at all times.
- Children under 12 are not allowed in the nursery.
- Guests must always be accompanied by staff in patient care areas.
- Guests with a contagious illness should not visit until they are free of symptoms for at least 24 hours.
- We are unable to accommodate more than 2 guests per patient and only 2 guests per patient in patient care areas.
- All guests should wear appropriate attire and footwear.
With a nurse’s approval, patients may leave the Clinical Unit with a staff member, volunteer, guardian or guest 16 years or older.
To protect all of the children and staff, prior to each visit wellness screenings will be completed at reception asking each visitor if in the last 24 hours if they have experienced active symptoms of illness including, but not limited to:
- Excessive coughing
- Sore Throat
- Excessive or discolored nasal drainage
- Fever – must be fever free for 24 hours
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
If yes, they will be asked not to visit until symptom free.
You can help keep infections to a minimum by handling your child only and not sharing your child’s toys or belongings with other children. All guests must wash their hands when entering Ranken Jordan and before entering the nursing unit. Please do not visit if you are sick with the above symptoms, a cold, flu or other infectious disease. This applies for all guests.
We’re here to help. Give us a call at
(314)872-6400 or click on the button below
to email us.