COVID-19 Protections and Restrictions
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we added the following precautions to our visitation policy:
- Must be free of contagious illness to visit, and will be asked a series of COVID-19 symptom and exposure questions upon arrival to Ranken Jordan (see Infection Prevention section below)
- Are required to wear a well-fitted medical-grade mask properly covering their nose and mouth for the duration of their visit. Procedure (also called surgical) masks will be provided at the hospital entrance. Cloth masks will not be allowed.
- Each inpatient may have up to two designated visitors; we encourage visits to take place in one of our large, shared spaces
- Outpatients are allowed one caregiver during therapy sessions and at this time, siblings are not able to attend. If this limits your ability to attend a therapy session, please call our front desk at 314-872-6440 to discuss options.
To protect all of the children and staff, prior to each visit wellness screenings will be completed at reception asking each visitor if in the last 24 hours if they have experienced active symptoms of illness including, but not limited to:
- Excessive coughing
- Sore Throat
- Excessive or discolored nasal drainage
- Fever – must be fever free for 24 hours
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
If yes, they will be asked not to visit until symptom free.
You can help keep infections to a minimum by socially distancing from other children not sharing your child’s toys or belongings with other children. All guests must wash their hands when entering Ranken Jordan and before entering the nursing unit. Please do not visit if you are sick with the above symptoms, a cold, flu or other infectious disease. This applies for all guests.
Visitor Identification & Safety
All visitors must sign in and out at the front desk with a picture ID. Every visitor is required to wear a badge, which is available at Reception.To ensure visitor’s safety, appropriate attire and footware should be worn throughout each visit.
Visiting hours are daily, 8:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. Any children under the age of 16 must be supervised by a parent or adult caregiver at all times. For the safety and security of all Ranken Jordan patients, please follow all visitor policy rules listed below.
Parents, guardians and caregivers may visit at any time but after hour visits should be limited to one family member (18 yrs. old or over and with an I.D.), and discussed ahead of time with your child’s nurse, and preferably prior to 11pm. For after hours visits, you must provide Ranken Jordan staff with the quarterly password. To get the password please see your social worker.
During a visit, only two visitors may go onto the Clinical Unit; we encourage visits to take place in one of our large, shared spaces. With a nurse’s approval, patients may leave the Clinical Unit with a staff member, volunteer, guardian or visitor 16 years or older. Visitors must always be accompanied by staff into Therapy Gyms and patient care areas.
We’re here to help. Give us a call at
(314)872-6400 or click on the button below
to email us.