Whether you’re helping a child swing on the jungle gym, accompanying kids on an outing to one of the many fun places around St. Louis, or helping behind the scenes, volunteers make a direct and immediate impact on the children and staff at Ranken Jordan every day.
Volunteering at Ranken Jordan is a rewarding experience that will leave a lasting impression on your heart.
*Ranken Jordan cannot provide court-mandated community service hours. Standard onboarding takes about 30 days.
Please Review the Following Volunteer Guidelines
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- At least 16 years of age (Under 16? We suggest the Junior Board.)
- Complete three-hour orientation (offered monthly)
- Receive a tuberculosis (TB) screening
- Provide documentation of a yearly flu shot at orientation
- No artificial nail enhancements of any kind are allowed. Per hospital-wide policy, fingernails must be clean, natural, and short.
- If 18 or older, allow Ranken Jordan to perform a background check
- Commit to a minimum of two scheduled hours per week and forty (40) total hours of service
- Submit a reference letter from someone unrelated
- Take initiative and have a willingness to do what is needed
- Comfortable approaching patients and families independently
- Be able to operate with minimal or little supervision at times
- Be responsible and exercise good judgment
- Abide by all procedures and policies as required
- Be able to react positively and quickly in the moment
- Physical demands include: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, grasping, pulling, pushing, standing, carrying, and lifting of light loads (up to 35 lbs.)
We’re here to help. Give us a call at
(314)872-6400 or click on the button below
to email us.